. Prepare a wide variety of pastry and Bakery goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
· Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining new recipes, presentations and products.
· Assist the Head Chef with the coordination and directing of the pastry operation.
· Supervises the preparation and production of all baked goods
· Prepares specialty baked goods for in-house and catered events
· Inspect the quality of the ingredients and measure them for specific recipes
· Pair recommended desserts with appropriate wines, cocktails, non-alcoholic drinks etc.
· Control the effective storage and stock levels, while always being cost-conscious
· Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for baking
· Analyzes food costs and determines most cost-effective recipes while maintaining quality
· Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
· Provides training and guidance to pastry staff performing related work
· Ensure kitchen equipment is in good condition and meets all requirements
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises day-to-day activities; provides a “Hands On” approach to training, planning, assigning and delegating work. Encourages elevated performance, leads by example, and disciplines employees for the purpose of improving the Pastry Departments standards of excellence.