The Hostess is the first point of contact for the restaurant; the employee must have an engaging and welcoming personality, in order to create a pleasant experience for the guests, from reservation through to departure. This role demands an impeccable appearance as well as a friendly and professional telephone manner. Reservation must be taken efficiently to maximize the number of seating’s per service while insuring guest demands have been fulfilled.
- To be continually aware of, and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- To attend meetings and training as required.
- To take part in fire drills and evacuation drills at required intervals.
- Consisting adherence to policies and procedures of the restauranr as outlined in manuals and other training manuals.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensures a working discipline and a smooth TEAMWORK
- To be aware and practice good customer relations, assisting the guest in any way.
- Communicate at all time with the floor to update changes to reservations.
- Ensure that guests are kept informed and made comfortable while waiting for a table to be available.
- Allocate and book reservations suitably in order to maximize covers
- Escorting guests to tables, providing them with appropriate menus
- Ensure all menus and ‘mise en place’ are up to date and ready for use
- Communicate with the valet parking to facilitate the departure of our guests